Olympia Physical Therapy and Industrial Rehabilitation, Inc Blog
Check out these two recipe options for Thanksgiving, you don't have to give up the foods you love, there are ways to modify them to minimize calories.
Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole with Pecan Oat Crumble
Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole is topped with a pecan and oat crumble for a lightened-up version of your favorite Thanksgiving Day casserole!
Prep Time 1 hour
Cook Time 45 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 45 minutes
Servings 12 servings
Calories 317 kcal
Sweet Potato Layer
- 4 lbs. sweet potatoes
- 6 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. butter or coconut oil melted
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla
Pecan Oat Crumble
- 6 Tbsp. flour
- ¾ cup oats old-fashioned, rolled
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. butter or coconut oil melted
- ¾ cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Poke holes in each sweet potato with a fork and wrap them in aluminum foil. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked completely through.
- Once potatoes are cooked and cooled enough to touch, remove the skin.
- Whip the potatoes and remaining sweet potato layer ingredients together in a food processor, or until smooth.
- Pour sweet potato layer into a nonstick cooking-sprayed 9x9 in baking dish or 2.5-quart casserole dish.
- Combine pecan oat crumble ingredients in a medium-sized bowl and mix by hand until just combined.
- Top sweet potato layer with pecan-oat crumble and bake in a 350-degree oven for 40-45 minutes, or until top is golden brown and cooked thoroughly. Enjoy!
Mashed Cauliflower with Garlic & Herbs
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
Servings: 4 Servings
Mashed cauliflower (cauliflower mashed potatoes) are a healthy, low-carb alternative to traditional mashed potatoes.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1-2 tsp finely chopped herbs (thyme, rosemary, sage, parsley, chives, etc)
- Trim the leaves off the cauliflower and cut off the florets. Rinse the florets under water.
- Heat 1-inch of water in a pot on medium heat and bring to a boil. Place a steamer insert in the pot and add the cauliflower florets. Steam for 6-8 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is steaming, heat the olive oil in a small pan on medium heat. Add the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds, then remove from the heat.
- Remove the steamed cauliflower from the pot, drain the water from the pot, then add the cauliflower back in. Add the olive oil, garlic, chopped herbs and any optional items. Use a potato masher or handheld stick blender to mash the cauliflower. Serve immediately.
CHOOSE THE BEST!
TOP TEN REASONS WHY WE RISE ABOVE THE REST
10. PARKING CONVENIENCE – Parking is easy! You won’t have to walk far after you’ve arrived for treatment. We offer easy access with ample parking spaces close by where you can get in and out with ease. We make sure to not share parking with anyone else, so that it is all for you!
9. LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION – Save time and money when you come to our two conveniently located clinics! We have offices in the Olympia/Tumwater area as well as Hawks Prairie. There is no reason to drive any further when you can get the best care available and stay close to home.
8. WE COME HIGHLY RECOMMENDED – We have been the physical therapy clinic of choice for some of the region’s most trusted surgeons for the last ten years. As one well known surgeon tells his patients, “These guys are the best. You will get excellent care.” Many local physicians send their patients to our clinics and report back to us that they are continually pleased with our results.
7. WE GET RESULTS – Our time tested methods and protocols work. We are experts in many areas. You name it, we do it! We specialize in outpatient orthopedic injury rehabilitation as well as sports medicine. We also treat injured workers and have a separate state accredited work hardening program completely dedicated to your specific type of rehabilitation needed to return to work.
6. BIGGEST AND BEST – Our facilities and equipment are second to none. We often hear, “Why didn’t I come here first?” from patients who have visited other clinics before ours. Some of our amenities include eight private treatment rooms with comfortable high low electric tables, two fully equipped large gym areas, Laser, Vertimax, Laminar Flow therapy pool, Nautilus, and Life Fitness equipment ready for your care. Our separate 5600 square foot sports rehabilitation center is better than most college or professional athletic training rooms. Our athletes love this and they get better and back on the field or court faster!
5. FLEXIBLE SCHEDULING – We are extremely flexible and always there to serve you and your needs. Need to come in a little early? Give us a call. Need a later appointment? We can do that. We can get you in as soon as possible. All of our billing is done in-house as well and we take most insurance plans. Give us a call and we can answer all your questions with the best customer service!
4. STAY AS LONG AS YOU NEED – You are our priority. We give you all the time you need for your treatment. We aren’t limited to 30 or 45 minutes like other PT clinics in the area. We have found that by giving you extra time it allows our patients to gain more strength, range of motion, and function faster. We want you to enjoy your treatment here and not feel like you have to be in a rush. It won’t cost you more than other facilities so you will get a lot more for your money with us!
3. CHOICE – You can make your own decision where you go for Physical Therapy, so choose the best! Washington State law says you can receive therapy from any clinic that you decide is best for you. Rehabilitation is so very important after your surgery or injury. Do your homework and go to the best!
2. LOCALLY OWNED – We are locally owned by Physical Therapists and are independent from any other entity. We put your needs for rehab first and foremost! This is why we have gone to so much expense to provide the newest and finest facilities and equipment that money can buy, and have assembled an excellent team at our clinics.
NUMBER ONE – Don’t take our word for it! Read what others have to say about us on our testimonial page on our website! Call us and we can arrange a free tour. Don’t schedule until you have checked us out first, you will not regret it!